The mission of the Manufacturing Solutions Center is to help US manufacturers increase sales, improve quality and improve efficiency to create or retain jobs.
This is accomplished by:
- Enhancing and improving products through research and development
- Creating prototypes for new, innovative offerings
- Analyzing new materials to enhance structure and programs
- Testing products for reliable content and quality
- Training personnel for lean manufacturing processes and supply chain efficiencies
- Providing a forum for rollout of new 21st century technologies
- Providing hands-on guidance for international marketing, sales and military procurement
- Providing photo-realistic renderings and visualizations
- Advocating Industry
- Aiding entrepreneurs in success
The Manufacturing Solutions Center is a new undertaking at Catawba Valley Community College. Building on a solid experience in outreach to traditional manufacturing, Manufacturing Solutions Center is prepared to move companies forward.
Manufacturing, once the backbone of the American economy, has shrunk. Other parts of the world with lower labor costs, fewer regulations, and stronger support services have attracted production once based in the U.S.
Some manufacturing however, is thriving. Companies with superior products and savvy marketing strategies are growing. The Manufacturing Solutions Center is a facility where innovative concepts may be put through design, or the research and development processes. It's where products and prototypes are tested; manufacturing processes are fine-tuned and accurate cost and product studies are performed. All of these services are available to manufacturers to help them stay at the forefront of their industry.
The result is a value-added product and company that is competitive in a world marketplace
Manufacturing Solutions Center is the vision for a 21st century economy that builds on strengths...strengths of America's manufacturing successes.